Recommended Transportation Master Plan
The Municipality of Middlesex Centre has prepared its first standalone Transportation Master Plan (TMP). The TMP is a strategic plan to guide transportation policies, infrastructure and services through 2046, toward achieving a transportation vision for the municipality and guided by six transportation goals.
Environmental Assessment Process
The TMP study followed the Municipal Class Environmental Assessment process (MCEA, 2023), Approach #1 for master plans.
Recommendations of the TMP
Based on study findings through technical analysis and consultation inputs to date from stakeholders and the public, the TMP recommends a number of transportation policies and improvements, most of which are Exempt under the Environmental Assessment process, such as:
- Continuing to implement road safety improvements
- Adopting a recommended road classification framework to guide decision-making and improvements
- Implementing a municipal cycling network and supporting implementation of the County’s cycling plan
- Formalizing a prioritization framework for infilling sidewalk gaps toward a connected sidewalk network
- Seeking partnerships to expand transit services into the municipality
The TMP also recommends further studies, such as:
- An update of the 2014 Trails Master Plan for off-road trails, sidewalks and cycling infrastructure
Recommended infrastructure improvements requiring further investigation are as follows:
- New Highway 402 interchange at Carriage Road: While the TMP assessed alternatives at a broad level, more detailed investigation as a Schedule C EA project is needed with more detailed assessment of environmental impacts of alternatives, to be conducted in collaboration with the Province and County
Public Review Period
By this notice, the TMP report, is being placed online on the public record for a 30-day public review period beginning February 7, 2024, and ending March 8 2024. The TMP Summary report, together with companion reports, is available online at middlesexcentre.ca/tmp.
Please address all comments and concerns regarding the TMP to the contacts listed below. Written comments will be accepted until March 8, 2024. (Thereafter, the TMP will be reviewed and revised as needed taking into consideration the comments that are received from the public.) The TMP will then be presented to Municipality of Middlesex Centre Council for approval.
Andrew Giesen, Transportation Manager, Municipality of Middlesex Centre
10227 Ilderton Rd., Ilderton, ON N0M 2A0
Anna Mori, Consultant Project Manager, Arcadis
55 St. Clair Ave. West, 7th Floor, Toronto, ON M4V 2Y7
All information is collected in accordance with the Environmental Assessment Act, RSO 1990 Chapter E.18 Part II Section 5.1. Information will be used to inform the project team in the development of the Transportation Master Plan. All submissions become part of the public record and disclosed in full in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (MFIPPA).
This notice was first posted February 7, 2024.