Picture of culvert draining into a municipal drain

If you are a landowner and have concerns with excess water on your property or need to improve the drainage on your agricultural land, you should contact the Drainage Superintendent.

The superintendent will discuss the matter with you, visit your property and provide you with the best options to improve your drainage.

Municipal Drains

Municipal Drains are created under the authority of the Ontario Drainage Act. There is a legal process in place for the creation and maintenance of these drainage systems, and by law, costs for the creation and maintenance are assessed to the contributing land owners. Municipal Drains are typically constructed to service rural or agricultural areas.


Looking for Drainage Forms?

Tile drain loan application guidelines and form are available below.

If you require a drainage petition form, please contact the Drainage Superintendent.


For Questions Contact:

Dan Anderson

Job Title
Drainage Superintendent & Technologist
Public Works & Engineering
ext. 5229